Sergio Perez grabbed victory in Monaco last season and he hopes to repeat that trick again this year. The 33-year-old driver says he is even hungrier to match his 2022 success.
Like Max Verstappen, Perez first looks back in Red Bull's press release at what happened last week in the Emilia-Romagna region. "My thoughts have been with everyone who has been effected by the floods in Italy. Sometimes racing isn’t important and the safety of everyone becomes the priority," the Mexican driver said.
So last weekend, all Formula 1 drivers were off, although Verstappen and Lando Norris still competed in a sim racing competition. Perez said he will start the Monaco GP weekend well rested. "This is the race every driver wants to win growing up and I was lucky enough to achieve that last season. That has only made me more hungry to stand on the top step once again."
Last season, the race started later on Sunday due to rain. Precipitation is again forecast for Saturday and Sunday afternoon. "The weather could be tricky again here, which means we have to maximise every moment we get in the car. It’s important we get our set up right and qualifying goes well to have any chance of winning on Sunday. I am massively looking forward to getting back onto this track, it’s a fun drive!," Perez looked ahead to next weekend.