Haas Automotive has released a statement in regard to a story reported by PBS about links to Russia. In doing so, they denied all allegations.
On Wednesday, a report published by PBS said that Haas Automotive, the Formula 1 team's parent company, had allegedly done business with the Russian military. Haas, with their technical expertise, was reportedly asked to supply parts that would allow the Russian military to improve the streamline of their weapons factories.
In a statement, however, Haas Automotive gives short shrift to the report. The press release identifies the following points as crucial:
Haas says that until the Russian invasion, it had a partnership with a party in Russia and Belarus, Abamet Management. However, ties with that party were severed immediately from the invasion, and no parts of Haas have gone that way since then.
Haas Automotive, therefore, regrets that the news has come out. The brand says they have done everything in its power to cut ties with Russia, just as the driver, Nikita Mazepin, and the sponsor were expelled from the F1 team. The fact that they have now been accused of supporting Russia is therefore unjustified, according to the US company.